Sunday, August 28, 2011

How do I pick up on a man?

I am assuming that the image on the right is not a particularly awesome way to get a man interested in you. Then again I am a rookie so perhaps when all else fails.....
I was recently dumped by a man who I have supported for the last three years. When I tell people my boyfriend dumped me they take a moment to digest this fact and double check my story, "Wait, he dumped you? Huh?" But yes, the boyfriend dumped me for reasons of needing to find himself. My response, "Thank you Lord, I am finally free."

I have mentally been out of that relationship for about a year. I tried to make it work and talked myself into sticking it out but in the end he did me a favor. I am so ready to be in the dating world I feel like a kid in a candy store.

My history of dating is one that could make an Emmy winning sitcom. The guy who pooped his pants on our date would be the pilot. So this time around I am going to do it right and have a heck of a lot of fun in the process.

However, I am a grade A rookie. Drafted into single A status and wanting to make it to the majors. There are several things I need to get a handle on:

1) Texting: when is it appropriate and how does one accept respond to these little messages?

2) Giving out my number: I can thwart any undesirables on this one but how does one go about getting it to a man you are interested in?

3) Where do I start? Seriously, I am too old for clubs and I am not going to hang out at bars every weekend. I say nay nay to internet dating, not an option and am not going there.

I was texting the hot guy on the 20th floor today regarding supplies for the pub I am building on my deck. He was very helpful and offered to order items I wanted through the supplier for his restaurant. Does this mean he is interested or just being a good neighbor?

It is clear I need a lot of help but in the mean time I am completely comfortable with trial and error.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you figure it out, can you please let me know?