Monday, July 18, 2011

Fatbook Kimmie, It doesn't get more unattractive

There are those who are naturally photogenic, the lucky few who can't take a bad picture. I see thier photos all the time and I am in awe at how they know how to smile or hold their head. Is it the shape of their face? Is it their natural beauty? I on the other hand would be shunned by society if it wasn't for Photoshop.

I dread someone taking my picture because I know I will have three extra chins from the way I pulled my chin back into my head, or the sunlight will be dancing off of my wrinkles playfully exaggerating their depth.

Just the other day I sent an un-doctored photograph of me to my sister and immediately she warned me never to do that again.

I decided to take a personal photo challenge as a way to prove my theory that I wasn't decrepit looking in reality. I printed a recent photo of myself and took it into the bathroom, stared into the mirror and compared the face I saw versus the face in the photo. I moved my head in as many directions and positions as possible to replicate the person in the picture, noting each position that I should never do in public.

I then decided to check myself out in the elevator lobby mirror to see if lighting is a harmful factor in picture taking. Nay, nay to ever doing something like that again. First I was caught doing it and during my explanation to the sneaky bastard I only came off as a narcissistic psycho (who has since been obviously avoided in the lobby). Second and lastly I felt like an idiot for spending this much time on a pointless project.

I have come to the conclusion that the camera is an evil enemy that has taken away the joy of capturing memories for me. This whole stupid investigation has caused me to now wear scarves. In a picture taken of me last weekend it looked like a Shar Pei was attacking my neck with all the wrinkling and sagging that mean camera added.

Damn camera. I am going to stick to Fatbook images from now on, at least people will laugh with me and not at me.

2 comments:

Bretthead said...

I don't understand what is different?



Sorry, too easy of a set-up.

NicePeace said...

You look hot.

Nothing more to say.